In 1934, Magnavox acquired an interest in Electro Acoustics Products. The two companies consolidated in 1938. Shown is a loudspeaker made in 1938 for a U.S. Navy ship. Along with obtaining the assets of Electro Acoustics, it acquired its founder Frank Freimann who became a vice-president of Magnavox. In 1950 he became president and would lead Magnavox during its “glory years.”
Magnavox built its first TV in 1948. The MV 10 was intended as a modular unit or as a companion piece with radio-record player units. The cabinet was made in Greeneville, Tenn. The first television set to be produced in Greeneville occurred in July 1950.
A new logo was introduced in 1954 which traced the history of the company. This original prototype shows: the oscilloscope wave across the top, the masks of comedy and tragedy recognizing the history of radio-theater, the harp for music, the original trademark Lion, and the electronics symbol with the first loudspeaker. The very top of the shield has four parapets recognizing the home of Magnavox; Fort Wayne, Ind. The parapets were subsequently put on the fronts of all Magnavox buildings.